Thursday, September 1, 2016

September!!!!!

So here we go, September!

Only four months before the year ends. It is not funny anymore that at this time every year we go shake our heads in disbelief that 2/3 of the year is over. And the last 1/3 of the year would be busily spent making preps for the Holidays and various parties. This Monday is Labor Day and while I welcome the day off, I know that it’s going to be downhill from there.

As a matter of fact, a couple of days ago, the unmistakable scent of fall made an appearance here. I was surprised when I felt and smelled it, I’m sure it didn’t really have a smell, but you know what I mean.

There are various changes that signal the end of summer as well. On my commute to work in the morning, there is that not to be missed sign in my face. Pretty soon when the clock falls back, I would have a quiet morning as my companion for commute. I so welcome that prospect.

It’s been over 2 decades since I left the homeland for good and I had fond memories of Christmas carols being played as early as the calendar changes to September, but I am glad that is not the case here. I am just not ready for the Holidays and the hustle and bustle that the season entails.

Right now, I want to have a quiet September, cool breeze on my face, exploding sunset scenes, September baseball, and waiting for pumpkin spice latte.

Happy September everyone!

1 comment:

Reader Wil said...

I do believe that the four seasons each have their own smell. My Australian family is coming in December. The grandchildren are hoping for snow!

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...